VE Commodore Series 2 electronic Brake control module ABS light
*PROGRAMMING EBCM ON VE COMMODORES
If the electronic brake control module (EBCM) is replaced, the following procedures must be performed:
EBCM Reprogramming, refer to Service Programming System (SPS).
If the EBCM needs to be reprogrammed, refer to Service Programming System (SPS). Setup for Component Replacement
The replacement of some ABS components will require a setup procedure for complete repair.
If any of the following components are replaced, the corresponding procedure must be performed.Steering Angle Sensor
Calibrate the steering angle sensor. Refer to Steering Angle Sensor Centering. Brake Pressure Modulator Valve Assembly
Calibrate the brake pressure sensor. Refer to Brake Pressure Modulator Valve Pressure Sensor Calibration.
Antilock Brake System Automated Bleed
- Install a scan tool.
- Turn the key to the ignition ON, engine OFF position.
- With the scan tool, establish communications with the ABS system. Select Special Functions. Select Automated Bleed from the Special Functions menu.
- Following the directions given on the scan tool, pressure bleed the base brake system. Refer to Hydraulic Brake System Bleeding.
- Follow the scan tool directions until the desired brake pedal height is achieved.
- If the bleed procedure is aborted, a malfunction exists. Perform the following steps before resuming the bleed procedure:
- If a DTC is detected, refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List – Vehicle and diagnose the appropriate DTC.
- If the brake pedal feels spongy, perform the conventional brake bleed procedure again. Refer to Hydraulic Brake System Bleeding.
- When the desired pedal height is achieved, press the brake pedal to inspect for firmness.
DONE AND GO HOME.